So, It has been awhile since I have written. I keep meaning to but have don't get around to it. Better late than never right?!
Well after a long cold winter spring has finally arrived and I am loving it. Now that the weather is nice I don't have to be cooped up in my house all the time! Just the perfect temperature to go on walks with Carsten (which he loves). He always seems to fall asleep during them. Speaking of Carsten he is growing up so much. He is quite the wiggle worm and is always on the go. Sometimes it is impossible to change his diaper because he is constanly rolling over and wanting to go places. He thinks it is funny and laughs. I get frustrated sometimes. I have to be really speedy. The other day I called him USS Cruiser Carsten. He is in the inbetween stages of crawling. Mostly he just pulls himself forward with his arms and feet with an occasional crawl movement. It will come soon. Another thing that he loves to do is stand. He gets all excited when he does and sometimes he bounces. At stake conference last sunday I was holding him on my lap and he was having a blast bouncing up and down on my legs. Carsten is such a strong little boy. At almost seven and a half months he is already climbing things. He thinks that I everything is a jungle gym, especially me. He has pulled himself up the couch and to the second shelf on our bookshelf among other things. Speaking of books....a couple of weeks ago he discovered the bottom shelf tried to pull the books off but to no avail. But just last week he was successful and pulled one off but I quickly pushed it back before anything else happened. He loves books. Whenever he sees one he goes for it. Another thing that he does is open and close drawers--specifically the desk and bathroom ones. Just today though he figured out that he could get to the second drawer from the bottom on the desk and take papers out! Scary. Carsten gets cuter everyday and we love him so much. He sure does keep me on my toes. But I don't mind.
Matt is nearing the end of his first year of medical school at DMU. These last couple of weeks are going to be really stressful. In turn I get stressed out as well. He is getting burnt our and ready for a break. I will be glad as will he when it is over(end of may). One y ear down three more to go. During our two month break will be busy. We will be moving to a bigger place at the beginning of June which we are so excited about. More space, More storage. It will be very nice. Plus we will have a washer and dryer! NO more trips to the laundromat for me! I can do laundry anytime I want! At the end of June we are going home for three weeks to see our families. We are very excited. It will be Carsten's first time on a plane. Matt's family hasn't seen Carsten yet and my family hasn't seen him since his blessing so they are all very excited to have us come. It will be nice to see the ocean again and the mountains, especially Mt. Rainier.
As for me I enjoy being a mom and taking care of Carsten. Trying to keep my house and taking care of a baby is challenging. As often as I can I get out with my friends and enjoy the beautiful spring weather. I like being here in Des Moines but miss my family a lot. Thus I am grateful for my ward and the friends that I have made here.
12 years ago

1 comment:
Wow! Sounds like some exciting things are going on! Congrats to Matt for being almost done with the first year, and congrats to you to getting a bigger apartment! Having your own washer and dryer is the best. I miss you, Shannon and think of you often.
Post a Comment